Hi,
订阅
报纸
纸质报纸 电子报纸
手机订阅 微商城
英语
学习
双语学习 热点翻译 英语视频
实用口语 报纸听力 欧美金曲
教育
信息
最新动态 活动预告
备课资源 语言文化
演讲
比赛
精彩演讲
活动动态
用报
专区
中学Teens
小学Kids
翻译频道 > 热点翻译
扑朔迷离!威廉王子曾感染新冠却不公布?各家外媒开始分析了……
来源:21英语网    日期: 2020-11-03
近日,英国媒体曝出,威廉王子曾于4月份感染新冠,而当时英国王室并未公布这一消息。

BBC:新冠:威廉王子“曾于4月份检测呈阳性”
 



BBC援引王室知情人消息,威廉王子曾于今年早些时候感染新冠,据信时间可能是在4月份,与其父查尔斯的感染时间相近。

The Duke of Cambridge contracted Covid-19 earlier this year, palace sources have told the BBC. It is believed he tested positive in April at a similar time to his father, the Prince of Wales.

据率先爆料的《太阳报》报道,现年38岁的威廉王子一直没有公布自己确诊的消息,以避免引起恐慌担忧。而代表威廉王子的肯辛顿宫官方,拒绝对此事做出正式回应。

According to the Sun newspaper, which first reported the story, Prince William, 38, kept his diagnosis private to avoid alarming the nation. Kensington Palace, the office and home of Prince William, refused to comment officially.


 
威廉王子是英国王位的第二顺位继承人。据《太阳报》报道,威廉并没有把检测结果呈阳性告知任何人,因为他表示“还有重要的事情在做,我不希望让任何人担心”。 报道指出,威廉接受了王室医生的治疗,并且按照政府的相关规定在位于诺福克郡Anmer Hall的家中进行了隔离。

Prince William, second in line to the throne, did not tell anyone about his positive test result because "there were important things going on and I didn't want to worry anyone", according to the Sun.He was treated by palace doctors and followed government guidelines by isolating at the family home Anmer Hall, in Norfolk, the paper added.

BBC王室记者Jonny Dymond则认为,威廉王子没有在当时将情况公之于众,也是考虑到国民情绪,希望可以避免担忧。同时,王室希望可以为其成员保留一点隐私。

BBC royal correspondent, Jonny Dymond, said Prince William's condition may not have been revealed publicly at the time as they may have wanted to avoid further alarm, given the national mood. "But the palace also tries to preserve some privacy for the Royal Family," our correspondent adds.

在《太阳报》的报道中,还有威廉王子通过视频方式为英国版方舱医院揭幕的图片。
 


《太阳报》报道认为,威廉王子是在查尔斯王储和首相鲍里斯确诊数日后感染病毒的。文章指出,威廉王子在4月份共完成了14次电话和视频活动,不过在4月9日-16日的7天里,他没有参加任何电话或视频活动。

Prince William caught the virus in April days after Prince Charles, and Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, were struck down. Prince William reportedly carried out 14 telephone and video call engagements during April. The Sun noted in its report that the Prince took a seven-day break from calls and video messages from April 9 to April 16.

不过,报道中没有提及威廉王子确诊的具体日期。


图源:《太阳报》网站视频

报道援引消息人士的话:“威廉染病比较严重,在某一阶段呼吸都很困难,所以很明显当时他身边的人都很恐慌。在检测阳性接受治疗后,威廉决定照常履行自己的职务。考虑到他平时的健康状况良好,他染病一事显然让人感到震惊。”

A source said: "William was hit pretty hard by the virus. At one stage he was struggling to breathe, so obviously everyone around him was pretty panicked. After seeing medics and testing positive - which was obviously quite a shock given how fit and healthy he is - William was determined it should be business as usual though. He was determined to fulfil his engagements."

CNN的一篇分析为何威廉染病并未公布的文章指出,就当时而言,女王之后的两个顺位继承人(查尔斯和威廉)都感染致命性疾病,这给王位继承带来了严重的问题。

The prospect of both the first- and second-in-line having a potentially deadly disease raises an important question about succession.


 
英国首相鲍里斯就曾因感染新冠住进重症病房,而他一开始只有轻微症状。
 


英国雷丁大学的王室历史学家Kate Williams表示,如果“发生不测,女王、查尔斯和威廉都去世,下一任王位继承人将是7岁的乔治。由于未满18岁,他不能成为国王。‘摄政委员会’将会委任一人以乔治的名义履行职责。”

"If the unthinkable had happened and the Queen, Charles and William all passed away, the next in line would be Prince George, who is seven years old," says Kate Williams, a leading Royal historian and professor of public engagement with history at the UK's University of Reading. "He would not rule as King in the traditional sense until he was 18, but a 'Regency Council' would be appointed who would carry out duties in his name."

然而,谁可以担此重任呢?乔治的母亲凯特可以担当重任,但是接下来就变得棘手了。王室中还有两个成年成员,一个是哈里王子,他于年初宣布退出王室公职;另一个是安德鲁王子,因为卷进爱泼斯坦案件而丑闻缠身。

The question would then be: Who would sit on that council? It would be assumed that George's mother, the Duchess of Cambridge, would play a big role, but after that things get somewhat tricky.The two most senior adult Royals in terms of succession would be Prince Harry, who stepped down from royal duties earlier this year, and Prince Andrew, who is embroiled in a scandal over his friendship with convicted child trafficker and sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

如果发生这样的事情,英国政府会讨论摄政事宜以及潜在的宪政危机。CNN试图了解政府是否知晓威廉的病情或者与王室进行过讨论,不过英国政府并未给出回复。

Conversations concerning a regency council or a constitutional crisis would normally be discussed with the government. CNN asked government sources if they knew about Prince William's illness, or had been in discussion with the palace, but they declined to comment.

所以这篇分析给出结论,威廉如果公布确诊病情,确实会引发轩然大波。但这样做没有必要,毕竟女王本人没有染病,还在履行公职。

At a glance, it's easy to see how it could have created a storm. It is possible that it was deemed unnecessary to have this discourse in public, given the fact that the Queen was not ill with the virus, and was carrying out her duties.


 图源:CNN视频

BBC报道指出,就在威廉曾确诊的消息曝光前几日,英格兰刚刚宣布(上周四)开始为期四周的第二波封城。CNN报道指出,英国是欧洲受疫情最严重的国家。

News of Prince William's diagnosis comes days before England is due to enter a second national lockdown, with four-week measures to start on Thursday. The United Kingdom is among Europe's worst hit countries.
 

11月1日,人们冒雨走在英国伦敦的牛津街。新华社发(蒂姆·爱尔兰摄)图源:新华网

当地时间1日,英国内阁办公厅大臣戈夫在接受媒体采访中表示,鉴于现在疫情的严重程度,政府将在11月份对政策进行评估。如果有必要,此次大范围的封锁措施可能会在12月2日之后继续实施。


视频来源:央视网

综合来源:BBC,The Sun,CNN,央视新闻
 




 
订阅更精彩

 主办
联系我们   |    诚聘英才   |   演讲比赛   |   关于我们   |   手机访问
英文二十一世纪(北京)教育传媒发展中心版权所有,未经书面授权,禁止转载或建立镜像。
主办单位:中国日报社 Copyright by 21st Century English Education Media All Rights Reserved 版权所有 复制必究
网站信息网络传播视听节目许可证0108263   京ICP备13028878号-12   京公网安备 11010502033664号

关闭
内容